1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer

Trutnov City

The beginnings of today´s town of Trutnov with a population of thirty-two thousand inhabitants are connected with the River Úpa. In the 13th century, the river gave its name to the original Slav settlement, which became known later under the name of Trutnov. The town was first mentioned in written chronicle in 1260. The name of Trutnov first appeared in a document issued by King Václav II in 1301. At the end of the 14th century, Trutnov became one of the nine dowry towns of the Czech queens.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Text and photo source: www.trutnov.cz